A roof is more complex than it looks and serves the essential function of protecting your entire home from the weather. No other building component works harder. Like the foundation, the roof of your home is fundamental to the integrity of your home’s structure. The components of a properly installed roof include shingles, fascia boards, roofing felt, flashing, vents, and more. All work together to keep your home dry and comfortable. The experienced and dedicated team at James Taylor Construction Services, Inc. has the expertise to ensure that all aspects of your new roof function optimally for decades.
It’s essential that a roof keep out all water and moisture. If you delay replacement past the end of your roof’s useful life, the resulting leaks can cause much larger problems. A leak can start out small and do a lot of expensive damage. Just a few hours of drips can spoil Sheetrock and fine interior details. If a leak remains unnoticed, structural damage to rafters and other structural supports usually follows. Unfortunately, it may not be obvious if your current older roof is leaking.
Here are some warning signs that your roof needs repair or replacement:
- Shingles are missing, cracked, or balding (missing the granules that help keep water out).
- Shingle edges are curling or cupped.
- Your roof looks old and worn, especially if it’s 20+ years old.
- Your roof has dark streaks. The most common cause of these unsightly streaks is airborne algae. Algae growth doesn’t necessarily harm roofing, but stains can negatively affect the appearance of your home and its resale value. Ask us about safe removal, as well as algae resistant shingles and other ways to prevent it from returning.
- Moss is growing on your roof. More than a cosmetic issue, moss holds moisture against the roof and damages shingles, which can compromise their ability to keep rain out.
- You’re experiencing water damage on the interior of your home, including your attic. If you notice a water spot on your ceiling, your shingles could be at fault. Or, damaged flashing or another compromised structure may be providing an entry point for moisture. Rain water can travel along rafters, making it difficult to find the exact source of the problem. Let James Taylor Construction Services, Inc. diagnose your leak issue, so that you avoid interior water damage, mold, and roof deck rot.
In addition to its structural necessity, a new roof can add significantly to the curb appeal—and therefore the resale value—of your property. Whether you need minor repairs to your roof, shingles completely replaced, or extensive damage repaired, James Taylor Construction Services, Inc. will get the job done right. We take the time to explain your options and make sure that you take advantage of the best possible products for your needs and budget. We’re able to complete many roofing jobs in only one or two days. Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction, including detailed cleanup when the job is complete. We look forward to providing you with a FREE estimate on your roof repair or replacement.